Jackson Elementary is one KCS school that participates in the Universal Breakfast program. This is a reminder that all Jackson Braves can eat breakfast for free on any given day.
Healthy School Snacks
Schools can play a major role in helping students become fit, healthy and ready to learn. One way to accomplish this is for foods offered in schools to support lesson learned in the classroom regarding nutrition and physical activity. What better venue than schools-which have a great impact on children-to support the message that proper nutrition and physical activity are a key part of a healthy lifestyle? School activities, as well as cafeterias, vending machines, and after-school events, offer opportunities for schools to reinforce the message that making healthy food choices and being physically active means a healthier body and a sharper mind. Please see the list of recommended healthy food snacks below.
Reminders for Morning Student Arrival (7:45-8:30) and Afternoon Dismissal
- Bus begin arriving
- Car rider line begins
- Bus riders enter through gym entrance
- Car riders enter through Jackson Street entrance
- Car riders report to the cafeteria. Bus riders will be dismissed to the cafeteria by buses.
7:45 am- 8:10 am
- Arriving students report to assigned areas
- Students eating breakfast - Cafeteria
- K-1 Students - remain in cafe
- 2-3 Students - Library
- 4-5 Students - Gym
8:10 am - students will dismiss to classrooms
8:10 am - 8:30 am
- All students will be received to their classrooms
- PreK will arrive through the front doors